We provide many services which include;
- Bereavement counselling, holistic therapies and confidence building activities to support women.
- Language support – Through qualified multi lingual ESOL staff we help BME women overcome language barriers and instil confidence.
- Information Advice and Guidance with multi-lingual staff. A confidential service that supports women through action planning, training, volunteering and help in finding work. One-one and group sessions are available.
- Accredited training – In Textile skills, IT, NVQs in Health & Social Care which have helped women secure employment.
- Health and Wellbeing – Activities are offered throughout the year including; Keep Fit, Yoga and Health Awareness days involving external agencies.
- An exclusive Women only Sauna and Gym – This encourages BME women to adopt more healthier life style choices and gives them the opportunity for social interaction.
- Ofsted registered Childcare facilities – With qualified multi lingual childcare staff helping women overcome barriers to participation, providing them with peace of mind that their children are being looked after in a culturally conducive environment.
- Shama Women’s Centre has been recognised for its high quality standards by achieving PQASSO (Practical Quality Assurance System for Small Organisations) standard monitored by Leicester City Council. It has also achieved MATRIX for its Advisory services and has achieved Investors in People Award.