At Shama you
are never alone.
We’re ready, are you?
At Shama we provide a confidential women only service. Our team of female multi-lingual skilled experts are ready to support your needs. We cover domestic abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual violence, FGM (Female Genital Mutilation).
How can we help?
- Provide face to face risk assessment and personal safety plans.
- Signposting victims to range of agencies including legal advocacy to overcome barriers to reporting crimes.
- Referral to emergency support services: housing and welfare, RAPE crisis, Access to food banks for those who limited
- Assist in the provision of emergency housing that meets cultural needs
- Provide a multi-lingual befriending service to guide and support victims and witnesses through the process.
- Provide self- help groups at the Centre to share experiences with other victims.
- Provide Domestic Abuse and mental health counselling to victims to help overcome the trauma of abuse and exploitation including depression and low self-esteem using multi-lingual Counsellors and befrienders.